Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Be the Answer

Walking home from class today, I noticed a couple girls trying (unsuccessfully) to get out of a snowed-in parking lot. One girl was driving the car and another was trying to push her out of the parking space. The snow was so deep in that area that one of the car's front tires was entirely off the ground while the other one spun uselessly on the snow. As I was coming up closer to the parking lot, one of the girls near me stepped of the sidewalk and walked over to help, then a guy wandered over. Suddenly three other guys realized it wasn't working and wandered over to help. I watched the scene unfold: one girl in the car, two more girls and 3 guys pushing. I wanted to help but knew I would only be in the way. I stopped to watch them push until the car was able to leave the parking lot, thinking about the way these random strangers took a few moments out of their walk home to help and realized the good that surrounds me daily. They could have walked on as I know many would, but they didn't. It made me consider the many times I felt like I should stop and help someone, but passed up the opportunity. The Lord put us here to help others. Sometimes the Lord will answer your prayers Himself, but more often He sends someone to us. Be the answer He sent you here to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment