Sunday, December 21, 2008

First Post!

I ask for your patience while I experiment with my first ever attempt at blogging. It is my hope that you will be at least momentarily happier with each new posting! After all, isn't that what life is about? Especially this time of year as we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Do me a favor. Stop whatever else you are doing right now and think of a few of the simple joys in life. Maybe you have a big, goofy family with lots of quirks. Are you able to get yourself out of bed and dressed in the morning? Why not celebrate?! One of my favorite joys in life is snow. Yes, that dreadful white stuff that gets all over everything and can cause you to be soaking wet when you show up late for work because you had to FIND your car first. Have you ever noticed the snow on a sunny day? It sparkles. It can be mind-numbingly cold with a breeze that chills you to the bone as you run from place to place, but once you stop and see the snow sparkling and swirling around you it has an amazing effect. For a moment, maybe even just a fraction of a second I forget the cold. It feels almost like even my insides are smiling at this beautiful display of nature. Next time you are shuffling through the snow, perhaps even grumbling to yourself, try to find the sparkle and maybe others will see a similar sparkle in you.

1 comment:

  1. There is always a first step.
    Don't be afraid.

    James Bourne
    http://www.aboutstudyabroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete